Saturday, December 11, 2010

Georgia Reps Stab Constituents in the Back

The Democratic Party in south Georgia has been proud for years to have its entire delegation Democratic. Immediately following their reelection in November as Democrats, the entire delegation jumped ship to the Republican Party: Senator Tim Golden, and Representatives Amy Carter and Ellis Black.

Never in my life have I seen such a thing. Even though they issued their own statements, they almost sounded identical. I see Amy has been rewarded with being some kind of a gofer girl for the new governor. They all proclaim how they can better serve their constituents. When I heard of Tim Golden's defection, my immediate thought was, well, his business is that of financial advisor, he knows where his bread is buttered, he knows who his real constituents are.

I'm a constituent. I'm a hard-working, elderly fellow, that has been waiting ten years for things to change for the better while two of them have been in office. It hasn't and now I know why. These people have been conservatives all along, and as shown by their defections, DINOs, Democrats In Name Only. They were, in reality, Republicans all along.

I campaigned for these people. I made calls and encouraged people and friends to vote for them, believing they represented our interests and values. The Republican Party does not represent my values or that of most people I know. This constituent feels quite stabbed in the back by this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This constituent feels quite stabbed in the back by this, also.