Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not Three Weeks In

Not even three weeks have gone by and the neo-fascist Republicans are revealing they are going to make Obama’s life as miserable as possible. They are going to try to obstruct and undermine anything that he tries to do and blame the failure on him. Also, I have no doubt that the Bushistas have left some time bombs for him.

Check out Paul Krugman’s columns. Krugman is last year’s Nobel prize winner in economics and as far as I can tell has a real handle on what’s going down, and what had been happening over the last eight years to his great horror. Another guy to check out is Ravi Batra at Southern Methodist University. These were voices saying no, the fundamentals of the economy are not sound. In fact, there’s some serious erosion going on and you know what happens when the house is built on sand.

Make no mistake. We are on the edge of the Second Great Republican Depression, if not already beyond the point of no return. The reason we are here is due to the unraveling of the protections that had been put in place under Roosevelt (FDR) to prevent a rerun of the thirties, and the implementation of a cockamamie economic theory. Beginning with Reagan and on through the latest Bush, Clinton included, the safeguards against this sort of thing were taken away. And now they’re shocked, shocked they tell you, that gambling had been going on.

It shows what little honor these bastards have. Frankly, we owe them no respect. These people are no friends to people like you or me. It is a testimony to the power of the propagandistic control of the media, and the people’s complacency, that these people are not only not in chains or worse, but are out there free to make our lives even more miserable. In some very real ways, our lives and Obama’s life are intertwined, and our and the success of our children and grandchildren are all intertwined with his success. If he fails, just where do you think that is going to leave us?

Which brings us to the arch-blowbag himself, Rush Limbaugh. He flat out said, “I hope he fails.” He’s actively having his dittoheads call their representatives and senators and tell them to be against this stimulus bill, and so the calls are running like a hundred to one against. I called my senators offices in DC Friday and told them I wanted them to support the President. God, I loved saying that to my Republican senators, I want you to support the President, with great emphasis, with great relish on the word, President. Saxby Chambliss’s office was respectful. It hung in the air like a lead balloon at Isakson’s.

If Obama fails, what do you think is going to happen? Do you think it will get better or get worse? If Obama fails, it means things will get worse. It will not only be worse for us, but for our children and grandchildren. Rush Limbaugh has as good as said to me that he hopes my life, and the lives of my family, my wife, my mother, my brother, my in-laws, my children and grandchildren get worse. He’s saying that to all of us out here in the normal world that he hopes our lives get worse. And all the while he gets richer and richer.

I welcome the idea that Rush Limbaugh is the de facto leader of the Republican party. Every Republican needs to have him hung around their necks like a dead, sticking, rotting albatross. I think I’ll call my senators back and ask if they’re going to stand with the President or with Rush Limbaugh. If the Republican Party wants to whittle itself down to the size of dittoheads, it’s fine with me. Rush’s great stats are that he gets something like fifteen million people who might tune in to his show sometime during the five days he’s on. Hardcore dittoheads are much less. My guess is at least three fourths of Americans think Rushie is totally full of shit.

By the way, just what is someone who actively works against the American government and people? Weren’t they the ones just saying this to us? As far as I’m concerned Rush Limbaugh has crossed the line.

/

No comments: