Thursday, July 3, 2008

McCain. McSame. McBush.

Sorry that I’ve been offline lately. There’s really been too much going on, and one thing pushes out another, as Barleyman used to say, but we’ll try:

How anyone could be for John McCain I don’t know. The guy is a total lightweight. Wes Clark was right on when he said getting shot down and becoming a POW does not, in itself, qualify one for being president. Now all the pundits are blathering about him besmirching McCain’s service. Asinine! He praised McCain’s service, but said what happened to him does not ipso facto qualify him for the presidency. But since the right wing doesn’t have anything to run on, besides running the country into the dirt the past eight to thirty years they have to twist what was said to get sympathy for McCain, I guess.

I would like to see what McCain’s psychological profile says. I find it hard to believe that someone can be a POW for five years, tortured, stuck in a cage sometimes and not come out with some issues that need to be dealt with. I want to know if he has. His reputation is that he has a violent temper, serious potty mouth, and has been known to take swings at people. I guess this is quintessentially American, but it’s not what I want in the presidency.

But getting back, it’s obvious that he doesn’t know anything about economics (as he’s admitted). He’s supposed to know about foreign affairs (not!) which we’ve touched on before. About all he can do is give you that creepy smile of his and say vote for me I was a POW.

Barack Obama may not be the second coming of Christ, but he’s the best politician to come along in a very long time. At least there’s a measure of hope if Obama’s elected, none of it’s McCain, IMHO.

/

No comments: